The following images are from The Roses That Grew From Concrete art, music, & education festival that took place in Downtown Santa Ana on August 25th, 2018.
This event brought together artists, musicians, educators, community youth & elders, and government officials in order to combat the school to prison pipeline.
Using hip-hop, dialogue and art, we created an experience for the youth attendees to connect with a platform that highlighted programs and resources within our community that are actively keeping families together.
Our goals for the event were as follows:
- To reduce youth violence.
- To increase school attendance.
- To inspire youth to attain higher education.
- To create a school to school pipeline.
- To prioritize community needs.